Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Thunder

Thunder's Birthday Cake

With all the hoopla surrounding that this Friday is going to be Friday the 13th, a Full Moon, and Venus is in retrograde all happening at the same time and the last time this happens for the next 30 years, I am taking the time out to say Happy Birthday to my best friend, Thunder.

Yes, most people who have a pet often say that it's their best friend.  And no disrespect to the wife, Riley, or anyone else, but I can honestly say that Thunder has been my best friend since 2005.  He has been with me through a lot of things in my life, both good and bad.

Thunder came into my life on his 8 week birthday in August, 2005 at a time when things were a little difficult for me.  Somehow, he always made my day better.  I can remember laying on my couch in my old apartment and Thunder would sleep on my chest.  He was so small at that time fitting int he palm of my hand.

My all time favorite photo
From there, Thunder has been through everything with me.  He has lived in 5 different apartments with me, multiple girls I was dating ( I won't give a number since the wife reads this), was there when the wife and I got together, was at my wedding, has seen Riley grow up for the past 17 months, and has been through it all.
 Somebody had to make the announcement

Why not have fun in the crib
Thunder wasn't so keen on Riley being in our lives at first, but he has definitely come around.  We used to say Thunder was Riley's best friend, but when Riley was a baby Thunder wanted no part of him.  Now that Riley is older and eating food, he has figured out how to sneak Thunder his Cheerio's so Thunder has definitely become more responsive to Riley.

Thunder is so important to our family and we will be celebrating with him just as much as anyone else in our family.

Yes, you get a lollipop too!
So Happy 9th Birthday to my best friend, and the one person who can always put a smile on my face and make the world around me better.






No comments:

Post a Comment