Wednesday, October 29, 2014

NYC Marathon Playlist

One of my largest viewed posts from last year was my playlist for the Boston Marathon.  One of the things I love doing for all my races is to make a specialized playlist that flows with the specific course that I'm about to run.  I get completely into the playlist and know where I should be down to the minute.  I add up the time of the song and my pace and make the playlist for what is needed for the course.  For example, if on mile 15 there is a big hill coming up, I want a fast paced song to help get me up the hill.  Or if there is a downhill section where I want to control myself and not go too fast, I'll put a slower song to help reel me back in.  And of course, no playlist is complete without the standard Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift pick me up and smile song at just the right time.

So without further ado, below is my NYC Marathon Playlist and the course map so you can see where I'll be at an exact time a certain song comes on.

NYC Marathon Elevation

Playlist:
Dont Wake Me Up- Chris Brown
Where Them Girls At- David Guetta
Al About That Bass- Meghan Trainor
Domino-Jesse J
Turn Me On- David Guetta
Fancy- Iggy Azalea
Dont Tell Em- Jeremih
Brokenhearted- Karmin
Wild Wild Love- Pitbull
Sick of Being Lonely- FieldMob
Dark Horse- Katy Perry
Up in Da Club- 50 Cent
Break Your Heart- Taio Cruz
Fancy Footwork-Chromeo
Airplanes- BoB
Wild Ones- Flo Rida
Without You- David Guetta
Right Now- Rihanna
Rather Be- Clean Bandit
Timber- Kesha
Bailando- Enrique Iglesius
Break Free- Ariana Grande
Hate it or Love it- 50 Cent
Lose Yourself- Eminem
Raise Your Glass- Pink
Price Tag- Jesse J
Whistle- Flo Rida
The Anthem - Good Charlotte
Beggin- Madcom
Pump It Up- Joe Budden
Play Hard- David Guetta
Bardon Bellas from Pitch Perfect
This is How We Do- Katy Perry
The Resolution- Jack's Mannequin
Magic- BoB
Dont Stop Believing- Journey
Good Feeling- Flo Rida
Keep on Keeping On- Travie McCoy
Black Widow- Iggy Azalea
Titanium- David Guetta
Shake it Off- Taylor Swift
The Man- Aloe Blacc
Let it Roll- Flo Rida
My Time- Fabolous
Rest of My Life- Ludacris
Empire State of Mind- Jay-z
Dynamite- Taio Cruz
Cant Hold Us- Macklemore
Talk Dirty- Jason Derulo
Payphone- Maroon 5
Give Me Everything- Pit Bull
Club Can't Handle Me- Flo Rida--- This is the song I should cross the finish line to if I'm on pace
Call Me Maybe- Miley Cyrus 

No comments:

Post a Comment