Monday, May 6, 2013

Just a little hodgepodge

So a few things to take note as it's a mixed bag of things the past few days.

1) I've been traveling a lot recently.  I was in Syracuse one day, Williamsport, PA the next day, working in NYC and Long Island for 2 days and I'm spent.  I am so tired it's incredible. You would think that because I am sleeping in hotels with no baby, no wife, nothing to distract me that I would be able to get some good nights of sleep.  But it's the exact opposite.  I keep getting to my hotels so tired that all I want to do is go to sleep.  The problem is that every time I try to fall asleep I just lay there tossing and turning.  The only night I had a good night of sleep is the one night that I was home.  It's crazy.  I need a few good nights of sleep in the next few days to help with training and sanity.  Luckily I'm home so I think I can recover.

2) There is almost nothing better than getting a new pair of shoes.  Since I order shoes online, or get them from Skora directly, there is always the anticipation on waiting for them to come in the mail.  When they finally do, I'm like a kid on Christmas.  I can hardly wait to open up the box and see what the shoes are and how they feel.
So the past week I've been waiting on my new pair of shoes from Skora.  The Skora Core's were shipped out to me and delivered today.  I got home from spending 7 hours in a car and saw the box and just tore it open.  The review on the shoes will come in a few weeks, but the second I opened the box I got a wiff of goodness. The shoes are made of goatskin leather.  I opened the box and the smell was even better than new car smell.  I couldn't stop smelling my shoes.  How weird is that?  I even made the wife smell them and she even liked it.
Either way, I'm excited to try out the shoes, get some miles in them and write the review.  So far I have loved every Skora that I've put on my feet so I anticipate nothing less, especially since it seems everyone loves the Core's.
These are some nice looking kicks

3) My first triathlon of the season is next Sunday.  It's a quick sprint triathlon, so I'm not really worried for it, but I really want to place.  I think I can easily win my age group, but I want to make the podium for the entire race.  And since I'm crazy about all things like this, I have researched everyone who has registered for the race.  If you don't know about Athlinks.com, then take a look.  It is a website that has everyone's race results posted on them...even if you don't want them posted.  So in true stalker fashion, I  have entered everyone's name on the website and looked at their past race results.  I look at all their races since one race can be deceiving and see how I feel I would stack up against them.  So far, I think there is a chance I make the podium.
I did my first true outdoor brick workout this week, and my run splits were ridiculously fast.  Since I have the mileage from Boston, I know I can push myself to running a fast run split on race day so the only thing I have to worry about is my swim and bike.  Basically, only 2/3 of the race

4)  So Riley is now 4 months.  Time flies so fast.  He's now in the smiling, playing, recognizing faces, and all in all starting to develop a personality.  In the past 3 weeks or so, Riley has decided that I am his own personal clown.  Not mommy, not Thunder, me.  All I have to do is look at him and he starts to laugh hysterically.  I feel like the movie Wedding Crashers where Vince Vaughn in making balloon animals and the kid walks up to him and says "Make me a bicycle, clown".  I love it and we have so much fun with him, but I can't really be that funny. Can I?

Is this Riley, 10 years from now?
So that's about it for now.  It's been a slow few days but there has been a few there's here or there to report on.


No comments:

Post a Comment