Monday, September 9, 2013

A Brand New Fun Season.


So now that my big race season has ended, it is time for another season to begin.  One that is a little more fun, but so much harder on the body.  It's a season that takes as much of a toll on me mentally as trying to push myself to hit certain fitness goals.  The season started 2 weeks ago, and I think I'm close to be at the end of it.  What season is it you ask? 
 
It's CUPCAKE SEASON.
 
Since I lost between 6-8 pounds for race season (not like I had that to begin with), I need to put that weight back on.  My wife, parents, and friends are telling me I look too thin.  On top of that, I used to be a huuuuuge sour candy addict.  My New Year's Resolution was to give up Sour Patch Kids.  With the exception of a few bags or so at the movies, I've actually kept to my resolution.  However, now is another story.  I truly believe that once your race season is over, it's time to reward yourself with things you have given up and things you miss.  

When did these come out and where have they been all my life?
So that's where my season started.  The problem is, it's not cupcake season.  Really, it's been M&M season.  And not just your garden variety of plain or peanut.  Yes, those have been consumed as well.  But since the Maine race, I have had countless bags of Almond M&M's, Pretzel M&M's (they make these now?), Peanut M&M, Peanut Butter M&M's, and a few more.  It's crazy.  I think this is the problem and why I don't have them all year round.  Because once I stop, I really can't stop.  

I have now gone through a full pound bag of some type of M&M's at least 4 different times in one day.  I'm usually polishing off one bag every 2 days.  I can't stop myself.  They are soooo damn good.  It's like I've never had them before.  In fact, I'm even getting turned off by Sour Patch Kids. That's a sin for me to say.  I can't believe I'm cheating on my SPK's.  I tried to have them as a reward and then I popped a few M&M's in my mouth soon after, and I wanted no part of the SPK's, but more of the M&M's.

The Almond makes it healthy, right?
My wife has now forbid me to bring them into our apartment since she always grabs a handful and she aint having that anymore.  I think I agree with her.  I can't keep doing this to myself.  They are so good, but a few minutes after, I keep feeling like crap.  But does that stop me from having more?  Nope, not one bit.  All I do is grab a handful and pop them in my mouth shortly after.

I'm not even gaining the weight I lost.  Since I'm still training and working out, it's like I'm burning off all those M&M's. I guess I'm going to have to do this the hard way...eat more regular food and start snacking on candy.

This lasts about 10 minutes in my apartment
I'm glad this cupcake season is coming to a close for me.  I'm not going to be as crazy as what I put into my body over the next few months, and I'll definitely be allowing myself to cheat a lot more, but I don't know how much longer I can do this to myself.  It's so good, but sooooo bad.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment