Monday, February 24, 2014

Skora Fit initial impression


Skora Fit
About 5 days ago, I got a long blue thin box delivered to my apartment.  I knew exactly what it was, was expected it, but even so, I couldn’t wait to rip open the packaging and see what had arrived.  When I first heard about the Skora Fit’s, what drew me in to them was their obvious look.  They just looked amazing.  Bright orange, you cant beat that (except for my bright yellow Skora Base).  I have been hearing about The Fit’s for a few months because of my association with Skora, but all I was told is “they are coming, relax”.  So when they finally came, I couldn’t relax.
I have been wearing them for a few days now and, my initial impression of the Skora Fit’s are as follows:



Riley will eventually be old enough to wear them
1)  They are sleek, sexy, cool, and awesome.  Even the female colors are cool that I would wear them. The colors range from Orange, Pink, Yellow, Grey with Blue,  to name a few colors.  But they aren’t obnoxiously loud.  They are the right amount of bright but with some subtleties in them.  I love bright shoes, and these definitely fit the bill.  But the toned down colors are very sleek looking and just look fast.

2) They feel absolutely amazing.  I slipped my foot in and it literally feels like I am wearing a slipper.  This is no joke, no overstatement at all.  The Fit's were the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on.  I don't like to wear my running shoes for anything other than running, but so far I have not been able to take them off.

3) On the run, there is no shoe that is more comfortable. For those who don't like a "minimal" feel, you don't have to worry about this.  There is (in my opinion) more cushioning than any other Skora that I own, but still less than most shoes on the market.  What this does is allow for more ground feel but you don't get that "tired foot" feeling after putting so many miles on your feet with the added cushioning. I can make somewhat of a comparison to the Saucony Kinvara.  However, with less cushioning, more ground feel, more responsiveness, and an overall better ride. I ran in the Kinvara's for 3 years so I was a fan of them.  But in my opinion, the Skora Fit blows them away. 

All ready to get outside and run
I've had the Fit's for 5 days now and I have put about 50 plus miles on them already.  There was a mix of workouts from a 14 mile run, 7 mile tempo run, hill workout, and even a treadmill run.  The Fit's were comfortable on all of my runs and my legs didn't feel as tired as they normally do. 

The only concern I have right now is there seems to be a lack of ventilation in them.  On 2 of my runs, I felt my feet get hotter than normal, and this is including wearing them in colder temperatures here in the North East.  What was weird is I didn't notice it during my last run in the warmest day, but I did on the colder days.  I wore the same socks so I know it was that.  I'll continue to monitor this part though.

Even Thunder wants in on the action








My initial impression of these shoes are they are as close to perfect as you can get in a shoe.  There are a few things that I might like in other shoes (no laces in the Base and ability to wear them sockless during Triathlons), but as an overall shoe, this one is at the top of my list in just the first 5 days. 



I'll update after I put a couple hundred miles on them, but the way things are going, that wont take long.  This is my go to shoe right now because of how absolutely comfortable they are.

Check out Skora
on Twitter: https://twitter.com/skoraRunning
on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skorarunning
on Instagram: http://www.instagram24.com/skorarunning





No comments:

Post a Comment