Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cherishing the moments


One of the reasons that I started this blog was to have something to give my thoughts and look back on when Riley was born.  I wanted to see how my life was when I was trying to balance life, training and raising a baby.  Now that Riley is 16 months old (today), I find myself having random moments of pure joy being around him.  Of course, any parent knows about this, but there are times throughout each day where Riley does something that just makes me smile.
Most of the time, these moments come when he’s being silly and I cant help but laugh at it.  He recently figured out that his finger is a perfect size and shape to be able to fit up his nose.  So of course when we tell him to get his finger out of his nose, he starts cracking up.  How can you not laugh at this.  Then there are times that he wants to run around our apartment in just his diaper because it makes him the happiest kid. Little things like that are just so pleasant.

The way our apartment is set up, Riley’s room is connected to our living room, so at night after he goes to sleep, I am basically watching TV right outside his door.  Recently, all I have wanted to do is open his door and just go to sleep on his floor.  No reason at all other than I just want to be in the same room as him.  Of course I wouldn't be able to sleep, and the wife would end up yelling at me, but  it’s little moments like this that I never expected before I became a father.

While there are definitely times that are so frustrating, the majority of moments are amazing.  Taking a break from talking about training and racing was no problem today since thinking about Riley and how happy he makes everyone is something that I'm happy to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment